Oh boy – I can’t believe it’s March. I also can’t believe I haven’t posted my 2016 recap. Bad blogger!
I find it SO interesting to look back on the previous year for trends and changes. My process for doing this is ARCHAIC. I’m actually too embarrassed to tell you how I go about doing this “marketing study” (if you can even call it that) but it involves different colored pens and hash marks. Paul would be mortified if he saw it. So I won’t go into further detail about my process but here is what I gathered…
- We sold 40 homes (yeah!).
- 38% of our new business came from referral or repeat client (double yeah!).
- 5% of the homes we sold are in Fairfax (McLean, Falls Church, Vienna, Alexandria, etc.).
- 15% of the homes we sold are in Prince William or Loudoun.
- We are presently building in 8 different counties in northern Virginia.
- Our top selling model was The Vienna.
- The Chesterbrook and The Fairlington tied for 2nd.
- The Clarendon and The Langley tied for 3rd.
- 23% of the homes we sold elected to use our Site Development Service.
- 15% of the homes we sold were to Investor Builders.
Some things I’ve realized after analyzing these facts…
- Our awesome customer service is why we get so many referrals, and we need to continue to strive for excellent service 100% of the time.
- Our newest designs (The Langley and The Chesterbrook) are a total hit!
- The western suburbs are waking up a bit. We’ve noticed more activity in Prince William and Loudoun over the past couple of years but 2015 definitely marked the biggest increase. Trend? Not sure…
This year is off to a GREAT start! One trend we’re seeing already, clients want CUSTOM! 50% of the homes we’ve sold so far this year are Complete Customs. Not only can we build a home from our Portfolio, but we can also help you design your very own Complete Custom Home. It’s one of the things that sets us apart from other builders – we don’t mind customizing your home to fit exactly what you’re looking for.
I hope you are having a great year so far! We continue to feel blessed for the wonderful clients who choose us to build their custom home. Thank you!
Dream Big. Build Smart.